we just got back from a whirlwind trip to Indiana to pick up Addyson, go to a wedding and see our families. it was so quick, but soooo good. it really showed me some cool things about who i am and where i came from. here are a few of bullet points:
- there’s no comparison to life with God and life without God. we got to spend time and talk with some of Brook’s cousins and extended family who are on fire for God now after many years of not and i was pumped up. Also spending time with my family and going to church with them on Sunday was so cool after many years of praying and wishing. God is still in the process of calling, saving, healing, restoring, working, loving…
- family is deeply imbedded and a part of us. we got to spend time with a lot of different people and it was so cool to hear and learn and share with all of them. there’s just something connecting us with our families even though we may only see some of them only once in a while.
- my brother and his family are true heroes! they are going thru quite a season right now and are facing it head on with amazing attitudes and fortitude. there is tremendous blessing on the other side of this - look out Farmland!
- ministry is a deep part of who we are. Brook’s family has a long history of ministry and building the church and pastors throughout the family and extended family. my family is becoming more and more embeded in the local church and building it. i love to find out more and more on both sides who are living out their calling.
- prayer is KEY! my mom prayed for years and years for my dad and now he is an amazing testimony. Brook’s mom is a prayer warrior for her family and now great things are happening. we pray daily for our families and staring to see some signs of great things to come. God is Good!
i’m just amazed at heritage and how things that were decided and done (good & bad) have consequences on future generations. i pray Brook and i and the girls continue on a Godly heritage day by day, decision by decision.